Thursday, July 17, 2008

I have been tagged :)

Which means that i have to share 12 random facts about myself....hmmmm ; lets see where to start ;). This is the part i dont like too much - talk about myself.....but will do anyway...

1) I love to read - can sit days on end with books, curled up in bed, in the study, garden, beach, where ever : reading - anything from science fiction, history, literature, physics ( remember Feynman's lectures ??) and anything that is remotely related to any of my interests. Of late, I have started spending more time with my books - it definitely is therapeutic :)

2)I love coffee .


3) I NEED my 7-8 hours of sleep a day. Cant function without it

4) I can be extremely lazy when not driven by the project at hand or bored. But when fired up, can work like a maniac

5) I hate arrogance or any semblance to it

6) I love the desert and the sea ( Lucky me gets to live in a place which has both ;)

7) I think we should all consume less of everything - food, chewing gum, coffee, paper, water, Internet....

8) I have almost always dated women older to me ;) . Cant stand silly girls. My tolerance level for stupid women is lesser than it is for stupid men. I believe women by default are smarter than men.

9)I love to travel - though havent done much of it yet..have been to Dubai ( Twice before i started living here), Thailand, Kazakhstan ( Yes you read that right - land of Borat :) and Turkey ( my favourite place in the whole world). I can live in Istanbul for ever. Love the city and its people.

10)I believe good manners can take one a long way in life.

11) I am a bit mad. Frankly, the kind of crazy things i have done in my 26 years shocks the hell out of me each time i sit down and look back at my life. Passion drives me more than reason and if i believe in something, I usually end up following my heart till the end.

12) I generally dont like to talk about myself :)

3 comments:

Mee said...

Hiya! I am so glad you talked about yourself and I hope tat lady reads it:-) the one in off u knw! We share some common likes thr..coffee is my passion!?! How could I have forgotten coffee- my coffee is gonna be upset with me big time:)
What are the mad things you done? Cmon tell?:)
Yea I know you like books, and wimmen older wimmen, and u have a kind heart and u r good mannered:)

sabith khan said...

Hi mee,

THanks for reading my entry..it was for you than anyone else... :) and thank you for your kind words.

Have done too many crazy things to list here...perhaps can share them with you over a coffee.

Just to give you a hint : The day i finished my Engineering school, i announced at home that i would have nothing to do with Engineering for the rest of my life. Not only was my dad shocked beyond his wits at why i would throw all my hardwork away; the decision even scared me for a bit, until i realised i had made the right one. And yeah, did i mention that i ventured out on the day of a curfew in Shillong, all alone; as a "tourist". My dad was genuinely pissed off at my audacity ...but made up for it with apologies and more..but defo was worth the risk ;)

sahana said...

It sounds kinda strange to put all your 'facts' in one place!!! ;)I have heard quite a lot about you my friend- form none other than yourself!- lol!